02 Feb Why video is the future of content marketing
“Video is the future of content marketing. That is, if it’s not the here and now.” -Chris Trimble, Axonn Media
The video marketing world continues to expand and businesses have the opportunity to grow with it. If you haven’t implemented videos in your social media strategy yet it is time for you to consider doing.
Here are 8 important statistics you need to know about video marketing:
- 90% of customers say that seeing a video about a product or service is helpful in the decision process.
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- Including video in a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- People spend on average 2.6x more time on pages with video than without.
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available
- Video promotion is 600% more effective than print and direct mail combined
- 46% shoppers would be more likely to seek out additional information about a product after seeing an online video.
Studies clearly show that video content can have bigger impact and increase conversion rates. Considerably the most obvious placement of video content is the branded website including home page, other landing pages, blog posts, products pages and statistics proves that. As stated above, it generates higher conversion rates, increase the time spent on the page and so forth.
But beside the positive effects of video marketing, the required investment is what continues to be a challenge for marketers. Not only cost and time are to take into considerations but also the complexity of tasks that video creation requires in general.
Use social videos to enhance your content marketing
Ducksuite today has launched its latest feature that enables your brand to utilize user-generated content (UGC) even more. (You can read about the benefits of UGC here.) Our goal is to provide a more efficient and engaging visual platform. We have upgraded our system and implemented the video feature, which allows you to share user-generated Instagram videos through our platform on our website to tell your story and humanize your brand to your audience.
Collect, curate and showcase videos from the customers to increase your brand awareness and engagement rates solely with free UGC. (Read about strategies creating free content here)
We are excited to add this feature to Ducksuite, so just go ahead log in and start curating now!